Giving to the Community Foundation is a simple process.
Cash Gifts in the form of cash, check, money order or bank draft in any amount and made payable to Saint Paul’s Community Foundation are acceptable.
WHAT TO GIVE
- Appreciated Stock, Mutual Fund Shares, or Closely Held Stock Usually, a gift of appreciated stock or mutual fund shares can qualify for an income tax deduction equal to its current market value, and there is no capital gain tax when the fund shares are sold by the Community Foundation. See the procedures for the transfer of stock.
- Real Estate or Personal Property Consider a gift of real estate to make a substantial outright or planned gift. Gifts of valuable items like jewelry, antiques, or art can also create charitable legacies.
- Assets of a Family Foundation or other private foundations can continue to achieve their philanthropic objectives while taking advantage of cost-savings, regulatory, administrative and excise tax burdens by using a donor advised fund.
- IRA’s and Other Retirement Funds lessen the impact of income, estate and generation-skipping taxes on a family’s inheritance by naming the Community Foundation as the beneficiary.
- Life Insurance A donor can deduct insurance premiums by assigning a life insurance policy to the Community Foundation as owner and beneficiary. When the policy is redeemed, a permanent fund is created to support the donor’s charitable goals.
- Planned Gifts The simplest way to make a planned gift is to leave a gift in your will (bequest), but we can provide expert advice to you and/or your professional advisor regarding gifts that help you make a gift now, but provide income for life (e.g. charitable gift annuities and charitable remainder trusts).
Donations may be made online by clicking this link and selecting “Saint Paul’s Community Foundation” from the Type of Donation drop-down list.
Donate By Phone
Donations may be made by calling (804) 643-4000.
Donate by Mail
Donations by check or money order may be mailed to:
Saint Paul’s Community Foundation
4247 Creighton Road
Richmond, VA 23223